Sunday 17 November 2013

Vino

I met Rik's girlfriend, Johanna, for the first time yesterday. This was a bold move on his part, as I have a habit of making an atrocious first impression, especially on my friends' significant others: I consistently referred to Ella as 'Mrs. Joel' during the early days of our acquaintance; and the second time I met Emma, who was introduced to me as Fraser's girlfriend only the night before, I completely forgot who she was and why I should know her. Naturally, things got better in both these friendships.
However, from what I remember I didn't do anything too awful. I did drink quite a lot, though, which is quite an easy thing to do in Rik's company. He's the only person with whom I drink wine, mainly because he's just so damn insistent on it; one of the first things he said to me upon my return was that, by hook or by crook, he would make a wine-drinker out of me. He has certainly succeeded to the degree that I no longer refuse his frequent profferings of vino- but I don't consume it with quite the vim he desires, I think. Part of the reason for this is that wine makes me so damn sluggish- it's a lethargic kind of intoxication, and it means it takes me a long time to finish one glass simply because moving the vessel to my mouth can take upwards of a minute. And the morning after is even worse- I woke up at half-nine this morning and didn't manage to actually get out of bed until one. And I was constantly moving in that time.

Rob and Roberta was accepted to BedFest earlier this week, meaning it will have broken even more ground for the Kelly Canon, as no one but me calls it, being the first Kelly script to be performed in more than one country. I've also taken it down from the Writings page (and deleted the link from that Rose Middlehurst's wall) for the time being because I don't want to spoil the surprise twist ending to those who have yet to read/see it, A.K.A. most people.

Goblin's Story is heating up, by which I mean both that rehearsals for the show have increased in frequency and intensity and that the sexual tension between Jonathan and Adam, two of the minions in my heinous group of scoundrels, is becoming unbearably prevalent.

They're just so lost without one another.
Theirs is a rare chemistry- the kind of Grant-Hepburn, Astaire-Rogers, Colbert-Gable, Lockwood-Sparks relationship that can elevate a piece of art to new heights of sparkiness. I'm delighted to say that they're both involved in Rob and Roberta, though, somewhat sadly, not playing legendary super-couple Flyby and Cheeto.

And finally, throughout my life, I've been called a bear and today that prophecy came true.
Feel pity for Craig, who walked in on me taking this picture.
Good lord, I'm terrifying sometimes.

1 comment: