Friday 23 August 2013

Rob and Roberta and Rory and Joe

So, Rob and Roberta is done, and it remains quite a superlative piece in the Kelly canon: it had the most performances of anything I've scripted so far, at 3, and thus had the greatest number of tickets available, at 300; it had the highest age certificate, being rated 15; it was the first to have a photo-based poster;
it was the first to get a teaser trailer; it was the most expensive Kelly production ever, costing $343 overall for set and props, but it also made the most money, topping £300 GBP, more even than TWWOO, and, in a twist no one saw coming, it will be the first production based on my scripting that may actually pay some of the profits back to the cast and crew. Lots of dreams come true, there.
I really want to thank Declan, Laura, David, Maddi, Leonie, Igor and Daniel for making my vision come to reality: any time something that starts in my head ends up in the real world I feel a real swell of pride and joy, even if that's on the other side of the world, and now that has happened seven times, because of you guys. Go B.E.S.T.!
P.S. I've put the script up for viewing on the Writings page.

I saw Joe for the first time since returning yesterday- he himself had been away to Ghana during the year, so we had a lot of stories to exchange about living in new countries and reverse homesickness.
He delivered to me the sad news that Frances wouldn't be in Edinburgh when I returned, and I saw the downside of deleting my facebook and then allowing my friendship circle to add me as they wished- I'd completely missed out on the news of Frances' departure.
I also learnt that Joe and I will be graduating in the same year, and this feels right, as I like to pride myself on having been in the background of all Joe's life (or, at least, all of it in the last four years), and now we'll enter into the 'real world' together.

No comments:

Post a Comment